 Technic / 12645
Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 00:50:16 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
ok, so we have about 200 messages in this thread.  I'm going to start changing
the subject to actually include the...  subject.  But still keep SSClagorpion,
for those who chose to skip the thread.

Kevin was talking about a compressor based on an RC motor.  Given that the
perfect compressor doesn't already exits (
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=12638 ) I think I'm going to play around with
that a bit, while Kevin plays with his legs.

I really haven't messed with this stuff before, so maybe someone out there can
direct me to a good starting place.

I've seen discussions (not sure about details) about getting up to pressure, VS
maintaining pressure.  Sounds like the really important part is the volume of
air moved.

Yes, it is, assuming you have enough pressure for the circuit to advance though
the sequence.

I'm going to play around with some ideas, tonight, and see what I get.

Steve

OK.  As I said in an earlier post, I'm working on a "dual action" pump
compresssor.  I've got two "Pneumatic Distribution Block 2 x 4 with Non-return
Valve" bricks ( http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=4692 ).  This
gives me one double acting pump.  I've got three more on the way from bricklink.
I'll use two of them to get another double acting pump.

So I'll have a two piston, quad pump.  Should be pretty compact.  I'm in the
medium pump camp (instead of small pump).  Other vocal pneuaticists think this
is folly, but I'll gleefully weather that storm.

Kevin