 Technic / 12447
Re: 20-Wide model of a Dutch train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:05:04 GMT

Reinard van Loo wrote:

well Dutch.... Ok, based on the French BB7200.... but it's the Dutch
railways yellow version, oh yeah: and it has the crest of the city I grew
up: Almelo. Don't know if 1876 is a real existing train number, but what
the heck.

AWESOME work! First 1600-style Dutch engine I've seen in LEGO that truly
manages to capture the right shape of the nose.

(And no, 1876 is not a real number... the Almelo is 1618 but who cares. See
http://www.christrains.com/ns1800_nl.html for a list of names/numbers)

As for 6-8 wide building being for babies... try doing your model in 7 or 8
wide and maintain the nose shape :) Will you do a CAD model of it some day?
This would make a great wallpaper for my PC, and I'd love to play with your
pantograph design.

I hope you'll attend some shows with this model, would love to see it up
close and make some pictures of it as well. And as our French friend said,
one in the BB-7200 livery would go well with it.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit