 Technic / 11558
    Steerable Walker —David Wegmuller
   Hi, Here is one more small walker: (URL) More info, pictures and movies at: (URL) The steering system is inspired by the overall setup of the giant earth moving machines known as walking drag lines. Greetings, David (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Steerable Walker —Ondrew Hartigan
     (...) COOL It kinda reminds me of a contraption built by Bouser in the first season of Junkyard Wars. OnDrew (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Steerable Walker —Tobbe Arnesson
   (...) Cool! How few legs does a tank-steer walker need? I built one with eight previously but six should be doable. Now it needs to be done minimalistic. Hm... (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Steerable Walker —David Wegmuller
   (...) Hi Tobbe, I think four legs would be enough: build it so the legs on a given side are 180 degrees out of phase. To turn, run only one side with the other side stopped so both legs are touching the ground. Driving in a strait line can be (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Steerable Walker —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) I have been working on pneumatic designs for a quad walker, where it always has 2 feet on the ground, and the transition between pairs of feet has four feet on the ground. This prevents vertical lurching associated with 180 phase quadraped. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Steerable Walker —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Or in my case, living in Minnesota, it is what all of Winter is for. I like the alternate turns idea, because that way you also have 2/4/2/4 and avoid the gravity well, and vertical lurching. If you created a vertical launch mechanism used by (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)