 Technic / 10713
    MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker —Kevin L. Clague
   The other day I was given a challenge to make a small biped using small pneumatic pistons. Normally I don't use small pistons in combinations with switches, because the pressure must be increadibly high for a small piston to flip a pneumatic switch (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker —Paul Krieg
     (...) What can I say? Yet another amazing creation. You have a pneumatic control circuit in there somewhere, I think. I know what you mean about the small pneumatic cylinders needing such high pressure to move a switch. The engine I built following (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

         Re: MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker —Kevin L. Clague
      (...) Thanks Paul! You are always so kind. The pneumatic control circuit is similar to one found in a two double acting cylinder engine, except slightly different. It makes the walking pace more even from side to side. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

         Re: MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) Hi Paul, I use a electronic schematic style when drawing out my pneumatic circuit designs these days. The combination of a piston that is linke to a pneumatic switch is simply a box, with X and C on the left edge, representing the eXpand and (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

         Re: MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker —Paul Krieg
     (...) is always the piston and the right always the switch. I have been using hand drawings and my head. Without a good method for creating drawings they can become confusing. I'm not used to reading this type of diagram nor do I have any traing in (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker —Eric Sophie
     (...) Oh my goodness! That is increadible! Wow, I just can't believe it. That must have been one tough cookie to break! May the Walker Maddness never stop! e (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

         Re: MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) Thanks Eric. I'm keeping that one for BrickFest. It took me two days to create. It helps to have made a few walkers before... (...) Well, the next step is to try to make it *smaller* :^) (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) moves quite quickly. I used my best compressor for this (three large hand pumps side by side all being pumped by hand at the same time :^) (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)