 Technic / 10537
Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 07:42:42 GMT

"jrl" <jrl3d@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HFuys8.1oy3@lugnet.com...

I came up with this a little while ago. It's extremely simple, but it's kind of
fun and it's the first thing I've seen built of Legos that can actually fly!
You can check it out here:

actually it doesn't fly
in the same "not" as rollo-walkers don't walk
:))
but the idea is good

it pushes me to remind you and me and all of us searching for flying machine
the simpler kind of FM is auto-gyro
it's the mix between plane and helicopter
the plane part is the body with the motor and propeller (but with no wings)
and the helicopter part is the main (upper) rotor
the rotor isn't driven by any motor
it rotates itself because of the air flow

the motor drive the propeller at the front or at the back of machine

regards
pixel