 Star Wars / 17613

Subject:
That's no heart!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:14:10 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In preparation for valentines day next week I built this:

The intention is to print it out and turn it into a card for my geeky other half. I think I’m safe showing you lot as I’m pretty sure she peruses neither Lugnet or Brickshelf :)

I had originally intended to build a bunch of Lego roses, but as I sat there staring at the bin of red bricks inspiration struck, “I know I’ll build a deathstar in the shape of a heart!” I’m hoping she doesn’t try and read too much into the symbolism of it, as quite frankly not much thought went into that side of things.

Was a really fun build, lots if snot and half stud aligned sections.

Cheers Tim

Re: That's no heart!
In lugnet.starwars, Tim McSweeney wrote:
   In preparation for valentines day next week I built this:

The intention is to print it out and turn it into a card for my geeky other half. I think I’m safe showing you lot as I’m pretty sure she peruses neither Lugnet or Brickshelf :)

I had originally intended to build a bunch of Lego roses, but as I sat there staring at the bin of red bricks inspiration struck, “I know I’ll build a deathstar in the shape of a heart!” I’m hoping she doesn’t try and read too much into the symbolism of it, as quite frankly not much thought went into that side of things.

Was a really fun build, lots if snot and half stud aligned sections.

Cheers Tim

That is really great! I think she’ll love it.

Thanks for letting us witness the power of this fully operational love station.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations

Re: That's no heart!
In lugnet.starwars, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   In lugnet.starwars, Tim McSweeney wrote:
   In preparation for valentines day next week I built this:

The intention is to print it out and turn it into a card for my geeky other half. I think I’m safe showing you lot as I’m pretty sure she peruses neither Lugnet or Brickshelf :)

That is really great! I think she’ll love it.

Thanks for letting us witness the power of this fully operational love station.

Yep, She loved it :)

Re: That's no heart!
In lugnet.starwars, Tim McSweeney wrote:

   I had originally intended to build a bunch of Lego roses, but as I sat there staring at the bin of red bricks inspiration struck, “I know I’ll build a deathstar in the shape of a heart!” I’m hoping she doesn’t try and read too much into the symbolism of it, as quite frankly not much thought went into that side of things.

I can see it now--“So let me get this straight. On the plus side, you’re saying that this represents our love as the ultimate power in the universe. Unfortunately, a rag-tag group of terrorists will find a way to uncover our love’s weakness and utterly destroy it...”

I definitely dig the wacky nature of this build. My favorite bit is its DSII-esque partially-built nature, suggesting that your love, while fully operational, remains under construction.

Derek

Re: That's no heart!