 Star Wars / 17206
Re: Modding the new LEGO lightup minifig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:36:07 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Rob Hendrix wrote:
Finally!  I got my hands on one of the new LEGO produced lightup figs.  You
know what comes next - MUTILATION!!!

Rob, my favourite line on your page:
    "Modding LEGO's rendition of my LifeLites minifigs"

LMAO!!  Stick it to 'em  :]

That "trash-can-lid" minifig head on the TLC version is bizarre.

I can't believe they didn't make the batteries replaceable.  Well, actually,
I can.  But it seems especially silly for "Try Me" packaging...

I recally one of your LifeLites' versions having the saber removeable from
the hand, where the in/out of hand made it light up.  To me that was the
neatest implementation and, in movie terms, the most realistic.

At the end of the day, does using the TLC version as a starting point gain
you anything, meaning, are there any useful parts or construction in them
that makes it easier to produce a LifeLites-like fig than starting from
scratch with a stock fig?

KDJ
_____________
LUGNETer #203

Re: Modding the new LEGO lightup minifig
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:50:45 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:

I recally one of your LifeLites' versions having the saber removeable from
the hand, where the in/out of hand made it light up.  To me that was the
neatest implementation and, in movie terms, the most realistic.

Ooh good thought.  What might be even neater is if the blade itself is
removable, so that when you put the blade in, it lights up.  That would be even
more movie-realistic.

~Kevoh

Re: Modding the new LEGO lightup minifig