 Star Wars / 16619
16618  |  16620
Subject:
C-3PO Star Wars Miniland Figure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:27:47 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The Bad News: He ignored Han’s advice – he didn’t let the Wookie win.

The Good News: He’s made of LEGO – his arms can be put right back on!

Click the picture below to see him reassembled (and then disassembled again!):

I’m really happy with his overall shape, but that bright yellow color reminds me of a bottle of mustard every time I look at him. :-) I thought about making him tan, instead, but it just didn’t look right to me.

The trickiest part was the arms. I wanted them to be at an angle greater than 90 degrees, but I also wanted the little piston thing on the inside of the arm not to be parallel with either the upper or lower arm (so that it looks more like it’s connecting the two). But, the arms also need to be turned slightly inward, but raised as well. The way they are now, even though the elbow joint is a minifig wrench which would normally allow it to bend, other pieces there help keep the joint immobile, but still posed in the position I want.

-Mike “Count Blockula” Crowley
Count Blockula’s Lair