 Star Wars / 1531
Re: Star Wars in 2000...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:51:06 GMT

Not that I accept the word of mere store managers as LEGO gospel, but if true,
I must say WHOO HOO!!

The only two items that are mandatory for any Episode 4-6 sets are:
1)  Imperial Stormtroopers.  I mean, come on, if we're gonna get the droid
things in boatloads for the Ep 1 sets, shouldn't we be getting the same things
for Stormtroopers?  They're in 75% of the scenes in Ep 4-6 (a bit of a stretch,
but not mucy).

2)  Millenium Falcon.  Nuff said.

Oh, an idea about the repetition of various minifigs.  The prequels are
supposed to be about the Clone Wars, are they not, so the repeated minifigs
are... you guessed it... Clones!  Of course, I'm not sure how Luke gets cloned
about a billion(1) times, but that's another story.

(1) 1x10^9.  I use American mathematical terminology. (2)

(2) Hey, it's my first and second footnotes!

In lugnet.starwars, Jonas Marcho writes:
Providing that the human race does survive into the next millenium, we can
expect another year of great sets from Lego. A manager at Zainy Brainy told me
yesterday that there will be new sets next year from both Classic Star Wars
and Episode One.

Plus, he says that the normal two-year product cycle will not be applied to
the Star Wars themes; they will go through a three year cycle before they are
discontiniued.

I want to know what you'd like to see in the next wave of sets. I personally
would like to see...

AT-ST - complete with a nice cockpit and AT-ST driver. They could also include
1-2 Storm Troopers and a small pileup/barricade.

Bespin Cloud Car - with two drivers and a lot of orange bricks. A lot.

Slave 1 - with poseable wings, Han encased in carbonite, and a very cool Boba
Fett w/jetpack.

Sail Barge - a nice small barge like the one Luke and friends were about to be
cast from. There could be two of these, some cool minifigs, and a sarlac pit
made from tan peices.

I think these are good ideas. What do you think and what are your ideas?