 Space / 99
Re: SPIED! #6998 Hyperspace Flagship! (not)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:24:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:

Is there any classic space set that you *don´t* have? Oh man, this what was
I used to dream of as a kid....... If I had a genie in a bottle, I used to
think, then I would tell it to give me all space lego that had existed and
all that ever will exist.

In 1980 (I was ten), my pal Kurt had every space set that had come out (in the
states, anyway), and had them all set up in his room.  I vowed that someday I
would have more than him!  That was the original reason I started collecting,
and why I wanted to keep all the boxes, etc.  There's still something special
about seeing the original 1978-1979 line assembled all together.  I wonder if
that same magic will ever be instilled in me again.

So anyway, the seed reason why I started isn't very inspiring...but at least it
grew into a worthwhile hobby of a lifetime.

Anyway, to answer your question, NO, I still don't own 'em all, and you can see
which ones I'm missing right here:  http://www.umop.com/legowish.htm

I'm sure Mr. Lehman's collection makes mine look like a second-rate yard sale!