 Space / 9527
Re: Couldn't resist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:14:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
Does your title of an astrophysicist amuse me?  Have you worked with such
people as Carl Sagan or Issac Asimov?  I have not worked with these people
but then again, neither have you so I think I will become skeptical of every
aspect of outer space travel until it has been proven as a fact by science,
sound logic, and the truth in life.

Spare the attitude man, until you do, don't go wondering why people post
harsh replies to your stuff.  You come off as a know-it-all, even if someone
who has education in a particular field counters your statement, you find a
way to try to make their words seem insignificant.  That's not appreciated
by me, at least.

-Tim

Tim, in this statement, his words ARE insignificant because they are
incorrect, even though he IS an astrophysicist.  This is what Mister Paul
Hertzog said to me, 'What the flipping space monster burgers are you talking
about?  Friction in space?  NOT, noway, nohow.  Wings are useless in space,
dude.  I'm an astrophysicist, I know whereof I speak  (I'm sure this has
been said elsewhere but hey, I don't have the time to look it up.)

-Paul (Hertzog)'

If he was even concerned in the slightest part of his mind in disproving the
fact that there is friction in space he should at least TRY to make some
evidence disproving what I say, Tim.  I am not a harsh person but I hate
stupidity and his reply is another prime example of stupidity, Tim.
Education does not necessarily mean a degree but rather using the degree to
a point where you actually know what you mean in your area of expertise and
people have graduated from high school without being able to read so he
should at least know about the aspects of gravity and friction in outer
space if he became an astrophysicist.

I feel insulted that he says that I am wrong and yet can not even prove his
own words and that, to my mind not only makes his reply appear stupid but
also lazy and cowardly, Tim.  I work this way in life and so do you so
please do not argue this point to me but these people, as well as you, do
not know is that I AM willing to change my thoughts if people can, without
the shadow of a doubt, change my mind and show me their evidence for their
ideas in life.  This is my way of saying that when I am proven wrong that I
will change the way that I think and I will have become the better person
for changing my ways of thought in life.
Jesse Long