 Space / 9304
Re: Building big
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 20:00:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:

<snip>
I have five questions for you, Kyle.  The first question is do you have a
real picture available of your ship and not a picture drawn on the computer?

That is a real picture. It was taken with my digital camera, and the
background was inserted with photoshop.

The second question is where are the wings on your space craft?

<snip>

Well, since there is no gravity (ok, very little) there is no need for them.
Wings are used for lift, so the aircraft can get off the ground. But with no
gravity, there is no need for lift, so there is no need for wings. But I
will admit, lots of us space builders but wings on our ships cause they just
look cool. :-) It is a fantasy world anyways right?

The third question is why does Legoland
Space and Futuron/Futureworld share the same logo yet they are considered to
be two different systems?  I believe that there is a Futuron/Futureworld I
and a Futuron/Futureworld II as with the Space Police and Blacktron Lego
sets.  Do you consider my opinion to be wrong in this question to you, Kyle?

Hmm, this is kinda a hard one. I consider it Classic Space and Futuron. that
is pretty much the lugnet standard. As far as the logo, I think it is the
general logo for LEGO Space, not a one for any cetain sub-theme. Varations
of it can be found in the Ice Planet and Alpha Team(allthough not really
space) themes.

The fourth question is why is there not an Exploriens section on the Lugnet
Space section?  The Exploriens were part of Lego Space so I believe that
they should have a part on the Lugnet Lego space bulletin boards.

Like someone allready mentioned, those links are not to more specific
newsgroups, but to all the sets from that particular theme. Exploreins is
there, but the link is missing. Why, I dunno...

The fifth
question is I am looking for a particular Lego piece that has a two stud
width and a two stud length, is cylinderical in shape, and has fins on the
side that suggest that these pieces were used as either motors or the bases
to a rocket.  Do you know how I can obtain some of these pieces and the
names of these pieces, Kyle?

All I can suggest is looking around in the Lugnet parts ref
(guide.lugnet.com) to find the name of the part. Then go to brickbay.com and
search for it. I bet youcan find some there.

Thank you for helping me, Kyle.
Jesse Long

No prob..

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net

Re: Building big
[...]

There are similar parts that only have one stud and there is one Space
Police II space craft that has a single stud version of that rocket piece
and that piece resembles the cylindrical single stud brick but it has four
fins on the side of the brick.  I have seen those pieces for sale but the
piece that I want is two bricks high and is also two studs wide by two studs
long and it also has the fins similar to the Space Police II set #1890.
(The pieces that I was mentioning are the thrusters on each side of the
space craft.)  This set also has another number but I do not know what that
number is in my mind.  I have been to BrickBay but no person in BrickBay,
odd as this may sound to you, has these parts for sale and even stranger
still is that the LDraw program does not contain these rocket pieces.  The
Space logo is the word "Space" in computer letters and it has some planets
and stars in the background.  The Ice Planet 2002 logo has ice on the top
half of the planet and the Alpha Team has a grid view of the world.  I am
somewhat unsure of what your answer is to my third question, Kyle, but are
you saying that I am right in saying that Legoland Space and
Futuron/Futureworld are the same Lego set?  I am simply wanting to know what
your answer was to my question because you said, "Hmm, this is kind of a
hard one.  I consider it Classic Space and Futuron.  That is pretty much the
Lugnet standard.  As far as the logo, I think that it is the general logo
for Lego Space, not a (logo) for any certain sub-theme.  Variations of it
can be found on the Ice Planet (2002) and Alpha Team (although [the latter
is] not really [considered a part of the Lego] Space) themes."

Re: Building big