 Space / 7779
Re: Macross/Robotech toy information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:44:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Travis Dickinson writes:
With the recent interest in making valkyries out of legos, I've started
browsing the internet for images of the various toy/models again.
Anyways, I came across these two sites dealing with the upcoming Macross
Plus toy line release:

http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/frames.html
http://www.macrossworld.com/

You'll need to look at the Feb 28 '01 and Feb 26 '01 respectively.  I
recall someone posting simialr infomation last year, but I don't
remember who it was.

Travis Dickinson

The two sites you mentioned are great resources of information.  If you're
looking for images of the toys in particular I highly reccomend these two
sites. . .

http://www.vf1x.com/
http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/frame.html

This is gonna be a great year for Macross related merchandise.  Although
because of some licensing issues we may not see some of the toys for a while.

Toy wise the VF-11 will be released this spring. The fastpack versions of
the VF-11, YF-19 and YF-21 late this summer.  But the best news of all is
the release of the original valkyries sometime in late summer. Two
companies, Yamato and Toynami, will be producing versions of the VF-1 to be
released late this summer.  Finally my prayers have been answered.

As far as other stuff goes, a Limited Edition box set of the original
Macross series will be released sometime this year as well as DVD versions
of Robotech.  Some trinket type merchandise will be available in two weeks.

And last but not least Lego is releasing Macross sets!!!
Well at least I wish they would. . . but that would be too good to be true.

sun