 Space / 41633
Subject:
Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 2009 07:20:55 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi.

It's been awhile.  From what I've seen, Moonbase is more or less dead, and more
or less dead at Lego conventions.  I suspect that like a lot of building trends,
it may have just run its course...which is fine.  But I've always felt bad about
letting the Moonbase pages go when my site (zemi.net) got hacked and went under
last year.

Although I do plan on bringing my site back in the near future, I won't be
hosting anymore Moonbase related stuff.

So here's the deal.  At one point I wanted to spin a Moonbase website off onto
it's own site.  Maybe like a wiki, or something that could receive more input
from the community and grow and thrive naturally on its own.

I first tried to grab sites like "moonbase.com" or .net, but the owners wanted
thousands of dollars for their domains,

In the end, I registered "moonba.se" with a european registrar.  I never did
anything with it for a variety of reasons.  Real life getting in the way, that
sort of thing.

So right now the domain is going to expire in about 3 days.  Yeah, short notice.
But it seems like an excellent domain name for the project and if anyone is
interested in renewing it and taking up the Moonbase reigns, now's your chance.
I know a portion the standard is hosted at classic-space.com, but I'll be more
than happy to get anyone all the other Moonbase related instructions or standard
stuff I've made over the years.

I'll be happy to pass on any information to renew it that I can.

Moonbase is dead.  Long live Moonbase.

Please email me at jon@zemi.net if you're interested.

Re: Moonbase