 Space / 4153
Re: Space world....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 02:02:17 GMT

Jon Palmer wrote in message ...

-Fictional technology and story conflicts. "My universe has wormholes- • yours
doesn't" That sort of thing. This has been discussed a lot.

I remember this causing a lot of sidetracked discussions too. The trouble
with Space-heads is they're too nit-picky about what "pseudo-science" can
and can't co-exist together[1].

Perhaps what we need are sections separated in history, and have the various
phenomena undiscovered rather than simply disallowed, and discuss where on
the timeline things are discovered.
This should give the near-future close-to-real-tech no-FTL builders their
Space early on, and then really late there can be the weird organic
bends-the-laws-of-physics bizarro models, and somewhere in the middle can be
all the normal builders like most of us.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/

[1] Well, actually I find them way too nit-picky about pseudo-science in
general, but then, whatever lights your fire, eh? ;-)