 Space / 41172
41171  |  41173
Subject:
Classic Space XL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2007 22:47:24 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi Folks,

I’ve never built a space ship, so where to start? LEGO Classic Space could be a cool theme to add jet another ship. The famous LL924 is godfather of my LL924 creation in XL or UCS format. The scale is nearly 2:1 and would work fine in LEGOLAND Miniland.

I tried to convert most of the characteristics of the real LL924 into it’s bigger version:

1. the angled nose

2. the huge trans-yellow window

3. the yellow-black “stripes” on the main wings

4. all-direction-boosters on both sides

5. Classic Space logos (instead of using stickers I tried to build them)

6. the down arrow at the opening hatches

7. main tail with closing “tile”

8. powerful rear boosters

9. forklift, crew and the magic white box

The main wings are build sandwich-like with many 1x1x1 bricks with 5 studs inside. This technique allows to add some “decorations” between the upper and lower wing-slice.

Spacemen also had to grow a bit. The Technic helmet gives a good XL version of the classic space helmet. The rest of the figures is built with bricks. I also tried to convert some of the equipment to XL scale.

Have fun with the complete gallery at: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=270254 (after moderation)

Holger

P.S. Sorry for any mis-naming of space specific parts and terms.