 Space / 39102
Re: "Traikon" Heavy Assault Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:39:42 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Andrew Todd Amacher wrote:
   Check out the “Traikon” Heavy Assault Mecha-

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=138104

Standing at 14.5 inches tall, the Traikon is my first mecha with Gundam-style hip and leg armor. Special thanks go out Eric Sophie and MC7- the ankle assembly is a modular version of their recent mecha frame ankle.

LMKWYT, Todd Amacher

Hi Todd,

this is the first creation I see where gray and blay are mix, and don’t look totally displaced. You managed to mix them in a way making them match in most cases. Especially the rifle is really good looking.

I appreciate the dismantled detail pictures. They make it easy to see how you did the joint tech. This might be copied quite a lot. Good use of the new joints for heavier MOC.

The way you went for the hands is also nice to see. (I’m still missing the arm-parts usually used for hands in this size. But my mind was fixed to this approach, so thank you for opening it to new ways.)

Personally I’d like the upper legs to be a bit more defined, like you did on the shins.

Overall a well done MOC (Spotlighted!!),
Marco