 Space / 36605
Re: Closing airlocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:05:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Peter Roberts wrote:
   This has probably turned up before, but I wanted to know how people recommend that closing airlocks should be created. I may not use any of your ideas, but I would like to know what techniques there are. I am interested particularly in airlocks that can be opened from the inside (realistically, by minifigs); affect the outside more than the inside and allow spaceships to dock with others (this is for a spaceship model). Examples from previous MOCs would be appreciated. I am also interested in interior airlocks (that don’t obstruct the minifigs inside).

Peter

The Tribunal has 3 different types of airlocks.

There’s the sealing door airlock that uses martian arms as a double-hinge mechanism to allow the door to seat into the frame:

There’s the standard plate hinge door that is used all over the place by people to make interior airlocks.

Then there’s an interior sliding door that works great for cabins, and uses only 2 bricks thickness. If you sink the tile at the base into the floor, the studs around it hold the bottom in place, and the plate/tile construction holds the top in place so they don’t fall out.

Adrian

http://www.brickfrenzy.com