 Space / 36608
Re: Closing airlocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 06:36:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim wrote:
In lugnet.space, David Laswell wrote:
I think the most interesting full airlock that I've seen was
done as a rotating cylinder formed from 3 of the 4x4 quarter cylinders, but
I can't remember where I saw it.

This one?

That appears to be the same basic design, but I managed to track down the
original version here:

Still can't find the module that I first saw it used on, but I think it was some
sort of research or medical installation.

Unfortunately, I don't have any 1/4 cylinders, and have no means to get any (I'm
banned from buying any more Lego (apparently I have plenty already)).  However,
I might well be able to use one of the sliding methods.  Actually, at the moment
I'm really enjoying thinking up techniques for my current MOC (or should that be
(MCC(my current creation(question of grammar))).  I might well design something
new (which I reckon, if it works, is a good thing).

Thanks a lot for all your ideas, I really appreciate your brickshelf mining.  As
I said at the start of this thread: I may not use any of the ideas, but it helps
to know what ideas there are.

I'll try and test each one (as long as I have the necessary pieces).