 Space / 36218
Re: The Space Vikings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:02:03 GMT

Hi Chris

I think you’re doing pretty well with the theme: I really like the wood/blood/fire/charred look (brown, red and black+flames). Using the wheels as discs is really cool (too bad that the new ones is too slack to hang on to rods), but be careful not to make the style too primitive: Vikings might behaved like barbarians, but they had some really serious technology and cool designs (of ships among other things).

Regarding the helmets, I don’t think you could have selected a better kind, and I wouldn’t care about the fact that they’re open: They could have some kind “invisible” forcefield or visor close to the face... (And there are also gaps in space- and motorcycle helmets anyway!) And what do you need ladders for on the moon? It’s low gravity up there (if it’s the one belonging to earth; others may have atmosphere)!

For inspiration, there were also some very cool viking buildings on Brickshelf a short while ago:

-NB

PS: My Vikings is very unsatisfied with the lack of progress in the shipyard, but I still got enough mead to appease them.