 Space / 36219
Re: Memo to Dan Jassim
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:19:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman wrote:
   I think the back 2/3 of this ship is absolutely epic, but the nose/bridge section doesn’t seem to live up to your skillz, and seems kind of uninspired. If some new guy built this ship, I probably would not have bothered with the criticism at all. However, the greebling, escape pods, engines...all of that is money, in the classic Jassimian mold.

As a relative n00b, I’d like to support the opposing view - I like the front a lot more than the back - I love the way the spine unifies the front section, and the notches work, but I think that the big back end maybe unbalances things a bit.

Like Keith, I reckon the details are great, but I’d have preferred an engine section more in line with the size/shape of the front. But then, I love the antenna ‘turret’ where the spine joins the engine section, and who knows what goodies may be lurking in the interior of the rear?

Look forward to seeing more pictures,

Will