 Space / 36188
Re: A Star1337 Enterprise: Comm Module
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 04:25:59 GMT

Thanks for your replies!

On Modularity:

The primary modularity centers around the pilot pods, which can be plugged in, removed, and disposed of when necessary. They will be used in both smaller modules and larger ships as Jeramy mentioned.

Also, I’m planning on having every module plug into the hub (mothership) the same way, so these modules can be distributed according to mission.

Future module ideas include a small, fast ship to intercept and infect capital ships, and maybe some sort of weapons platform.

Concerning the construction:

The first time I saw that Rahkshi piece, it instantly evoked, in my mind, an antenna or radar dish. I find flashes of inspiration like that better ways to handle Bionicle pieces than trying to force them in (which is what TLG has to do to save on molds).