 Space / 33140
Jade Empire: Ju Zhen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:35:40 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

As the Jade Empire continues to swarm its way through peaceful .space systems, Intelligence is gathering more and more data on the various attack craft being introduced in battle.

A crucial space battle for control of an Iron Reich outpost became the testing ground for a new Jade Empire weapon....and the success of the experiment meant the loss of a base for the Reich, along with most of the fleet units defending it.

Click pic or here for full gallery.

The Ju Zhen (Iron Needle) has one purpose in battle: to ensure that it delivers its deadly payload into the heart of enemy fleets.

Jade Empire ship builders were heavily influenced by the design elements of the Iron Reich. It follows in the path of the ambiguously-styled Lo Pan fighter. Is it minifig scale? Microfig scale? That’s what I was going for.

This moc came from a desire to merge Keith’s Lo Pan with my Jiao-zhan Dou, a combination of the more angular, mechanical style and the organic, flowing style. Chris’ Irezumi pulls this idea off much better.

And for those who like to follow the evolution my mocs go through: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.