 Space / 32318
Re: Starship Corridor Study Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:37:01 GMT

In article <Hv2907.K7G@lugnet.com>,
"Jeffrey Benson" <jbenso1@towson.edu> wrote:

In the deepest reaches of the Independent Star Ship "Serenity", the Captain
and
a junior officer inspect the cargo hold, where a Marine stands guard.

I built this 'study model' for a couple of reasons - mostly, I was bored and
noticed that most starship corridors I see are all smooth and "nice", and I
wanted to go for a sort of dark, dingy, "don't hit your head on that pipe"
feel.

Please LMKWYT, more photos will be up tomorrow, until then, a deep link:

Deep Link:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Snay/Corridor-Study/corridor1.jpg

-Jeff

Very nice! Reminds me of my navy days.

Some clutter ideas for when you add more corridors:
Red firefighting locker
White damage control locker
Fire main (red pipes) with valves and hose connectors
Bulletin board
Incident board (board with blow-up of deck plans used for plotting
damage and repair efforts - usually located near DC lockers)
Bunks along the bulkhead (think Das Boot)
Soda machine (Splurm!)
Trash can
Photocopier
Emergency vacc suits
Emergency air supplies
Hand holds and railings for when gravity fails.

Troy
</unlurk>