 Space / 32298
Re: Colonial Viper MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:11:30 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Douglas R. Clark wrote:
   Hello again,

When I posted this MOC awhile ago, I alluded to a larger version that I was working on. So now I present my larger scale Colonial Viper just in time to counter the newly discovered cylon lightning!

I acutally have had this MOC built for quite awhile now. I finally got the red 4x4 cylinder pieces to finish it off though. I tried to incorporate a little bit of dark grey and black pieces to simulate a battle-worn weathered look. I had acutally been thinking about this model soon after when Bram L. posted his viper MOC. Guess it took me awhile to build and post this one, eh?

There is really nothing all that special about its construction. It uses some now-standard schleim techniques. The most complicated part was the angled pannles between the upper and lower engines. Someday I will try to rebuild it to allow retractable landing gear.

hope you all enjoy, drc

Douglas, I like this a lot more than your smaller version. The colors all work (the red striping looks cool,) I love your use of the dark grey printed slopes for the front engine intakes, and the angled snot walls you speak of look really nice.

Now split the fuslage into two, get rid of the top engine, add a tail wing, and you’ll be all set for the P-38 Battlestar Galactica matchup! :p

--Ryan W.