 Space / 30922
Re: B.I. Joe: S.N.A.K.E. Battle Armor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:31:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:
   Greetings,

Just a small addition, and for once it’s actually scifi-ish! The original mecha bad boy from the early (1983) toyline and first miniseries for you old geezers out there:

I think you captured the look nicely. But when you say “early” what do you mean? I seem to recall the first Joe was Barbie sized... (some of my friends (in the mid 60’s this was) had them and their sisters were always wanting them to be made available for “dates”...)

Um, he said 1983. He means the early years of the 1983 toy line and the first of the smaller sized Joe figures from 1983. See he said 1983. Not the dolls... but action figures, in 1983. That’s what he ment. (Info taken from the Department of Redundancy Department)

Thanks for clearing that up! I read it as “1983 is early in the line” ...

   During this era, Joes were limited to dating 3 3/4 inch Princes Leah and Wonder Woman.

There’s a depressing thought. Either someone with funnybuns (Leia) or someone who could beat you up if you made a false move.