 Space / 29574
Re: Short Range Bomber
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 03:10:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
In lugnet.space, Tom McDonald wrote:
Here's a little moc that I made awhile back.

It's got missiles .. mmm missiles :-9

Heh.  Tom, that's so, well, ugly.  Elegantly ugly.

LOL .. Thanks!

And easily the best integration I've ever seen of the old
Exploriens wing elements.

Every once in awhile I like to try an "impossible" piece an see just how
possible it is, even if it's an older part. Sometimes those older parts peek at
me and say, "try this..", and then I either do or die.

I'm especially impressed
by the posterior fuselage, with the mating of the
1/4 4x4x6 circle panel and the pieces underneath,
and I really like the addition of the radome on top.

Thanks. To be honest, after I added the radome, the circle panel was placed
there because I didn't know what to add. I thought I should add greeblies, and
no doubt they'd look good, but the panel kinda grew on me.

Do those 4x4 car roof panels open?  Is there machinery
underneath?  Or is it just for looks and its ability
to mate geometrically with the wing pieces?

The answer is yes :). There are 2 2x3 inverted slopes underneath each that act
as housing for the missile launcher mechanisms, but there are two
extra-high-yield missiles attached to the cardoors which must be lifted to
launch.

PS:  Don't be such a stranger around here, sir!  I'm
     waiting for new band pictures from this year's
     Legopalooza.  ;)

Heck, me too! ;-)

-Tom McD.
when replying, this holiday season, open up your hearth to the Spamcake log of
cheer!