 Space / 28691
Re: DropSheep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:53:41 GMT

My small, rarely used supply of white Lego is now finally used up. This was a
nice little project that I thought you all would enjoy. I'd like to see it in
action at a convention someday, landing sheep to attack in a cross theme war.
:-)

Hmm, I was just thinking, one could surmise the existence of a Shepherd species,
the creators and controllers of the RoboSheep, but as such stories always go,
the Shepherds themselves ultimately fell victim to the voracious RoboSheep and
are now extinct, the Shepherd homeworld a barren wasteland. Yeah, this always
happens when you build self-replicating killer robots. The universe is actually
infested with a billion different strains of such killer robots, rather than
billions of intelligent organic species. Their respective robot fleets randomly
meet and clash over thousands of years. Those are *serious* space battles. A
typical RoboSheep armada of a million ships would hardly even notice the
resistance offered by some tiny federation of human inhabited planets. The
sighting of one cute little RoboSheep scout is the most ominous thing you can
imagine. Leave all your belongings and get off the planet immediately! :-)