 Space / 24817
Re: An interesting Sci-fi idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:19:48 GMT

   This theory only applies to organic lifeforms (ie, carbon based ones).

Are you sure all organic lifeforms are carbon based.

Seeing how organic can refer to carbon, no it is not a big assumption at all. Also, we have plenty of examples on earth to draw on, and I don’t believe there are any which are not organic in nature (IE, carbon based). Even drawing from seavents and suchlike, all life here has carbon as part of its composition.

James P

organic chemistry=the study of compounds formed around carbon