 Space / 16959
Re: Why do I bother?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:24:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.announce.moc, Nicole Drumm writes:
You know I'm not sure why I'm even posting. I've yet to see any comment
about either of the modules we have done here.
     Patience, young Obi-Drumm.  The Force flows whence it will in .space, not
always in ways or directions that we understand.  Getting comments is not the
true path of the brick... this lies more truly in having fun.
     Did you have fun building it?
     Did you enjoy making up the backstory?
     If so, then you shall find the Force flowing through your bricks.
     Criticism leads to exclusion.
     Exclusion leads to resentment.
     Resentment leads to the Dark Side.
     Turn away from the path of commentary, and allow yourself to feel the fun
when you build and play.

I know that I/we aren't .space big wigs
     Who is?  The point of all this is to share, learn from others, and have
fun, not necessarily in that order.  All else leads to the Dark Side.

For people wanting to get in on the space scene
     The scene is what you want it to be, and it seems more fun when you do it
for you, and not for others.

     I enjoyed your model, and thought the story a fun twist on the "real"
moonbase module ideas.  I like how the situation born of desperation led the
family to adapt and fit in with the rest of the moonbase community.
     Your airlocks are cool, and I especially liked the engine area - are those
anti-matter, or freem plasma?  Neat details!  Keep that kind of imagination up!
I'm glad you shared, and I hope you won't let a lack of criticism keep you from
sharing in the future.  It would be our loss.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony "I'm a newbie too" Alexander