 Space / 12681
Re: You asked for it!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:59:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
uh, not all of us have the free time to get in here
every week, or peruse all the entries, or judge them...

a little flexibility is alway kind

Paul,

That is why there will be almost a week between the end of the entries and
the beginning of the voting. This will give two weeks to pick your votes.

The Scrutinizer

-p

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner writes:
In lugnet.space, Curt Tigges writes:
In lugnet.space, Jude Beaudin writes:
We will have an Ice Planet 2002 contest in June. This will allow people a
chance to plan and clear out their building schedules. (I have a train show
in April)

Entries should be accepted from June 1st to June 15th and voting will be
held from June 21st to 29th. It was nice to have a 100% voting participation
in BT1 and I hope to see the same again.

Here's one suggestion, brought about by Todd's musings regarding voting
rules from the first contest:

Instead of disqualifying an entry because the owner didn't vote... just give
that entry a negative vote (or two if you want to encourage it more
strongly).  Todd's original reason for the disqualifying rule was to prevent
people from indirectly voting for their own models simply by abstaining
(since you can't vote for your own).

If we get 100% participation, that's great.  BUT I think it's also great to
get people to respond by a given deadline so that others know when to expect
the results announcement.  Give them a whole week and cut it off!

Anyway, I'm willing to help out in other ways- site maintenance, proofing
announcements, whatever.  Let me know.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com