 Space / 12670
Re: Blacktron I Contest Results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 02:08:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner writes:
Larry?  What are *you* doing piping in here?

Not that you're not welcome, of course, but... do you actually care?

Well ya!

I'll do an entry if I have time. I thought about a BT 1 entry... I have a
MIB MIB, you know (and a non MIB one too)...

Let's hear that 3 times fast!

and some other BT1 sets, and I am
only 2 or 3 sets shy of IP 2002 complete. I marveled at the entries (but of
course was not eligible to vote) in the BT 1 contest.

What, no 8-wide Blacktron train?  You could at least have done a
black/yellow doodlebug!

So do I care? Ya.

So does, I suspect (but can't say for sureas I am in RI right now and he's
in MI), Nikolai, who isn't authorised to post here but who may be doing an
entry to as he's a big IP 2002 fan and is shaping up as having some
potential as a ship builder (although a bit thematically wild yet... but
hey, he's only 9)

That's really cool.  I'll have to make sure my boys enter some stuff in the
big fair around here next year.  It's also about time for me to start a
Brickshelf account for each of them.  They may not be too ambitious yet, but
at least I documented the killer SNOT scorpion one of them made with Duplo
when he was 4.

I'd like to be involved in running the IP2002 contest... I don't have much
interest in actually building in that theme, so maybe I'll nominate myself
to head up the effort.  And if it's a midseason out-of-sequence contest, I
don't have to duck out of the annual space contests to do so!

Heh- and I don't have to compete with your son!

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com