 Space / 12605
Re: Con photos: Blacktron ships and ion cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:03:54 GMT

[snip]
Finally, I've got a non-Blacktron hangar/ion cannon which also includes IHOP
gun turrets ( http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=105939
)--armored emplacements modeled after the tops of the coffee things at
International House of Pancakes.  The whole idea for the ion cannon started
when I bought ten Insectoid legs from Scott Sanburn--hey, you never know
when you'll need those things!!!--and he and his wife asked "What on earth
are you going to do with these???"  It became a challenge!

That hanger base and Ion Cannon are really cool looking.  The Ion canon has
sort of a weird color scheme but it works well.  Definately a cool use of those
insectoid legs.

-Mike Petrucelli