Con photos: Blacktron ships and ion cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:02:17 GMT

After the end of ConFusion today, I took some more detailed shots of my MOCS
from the show.  Pics are up at

The first set of creations--light and heaver fighters, light mechs--share a
modular weapon system.  The mechs include detachable leg and arm weapons,
including missile launchers, autocannons, lasers, ECM and communication
pods, and jump jets.  All the arm weapons are interchangeable for the
fighters (although a few of them, like jump jets, wouldn't make a lot of
sense); the photos here include the standard outfit and a "wild weasel"
electronic warfare configuration.

The heavy and light fighters also feature detachable/interchangeable cockpit
modules where the mechs could plug in as well.  The boosters on the light
fighters detach and plug onto the back of the mechs as well.  I don't have
photos of these, unfortunately.

Finally, I've got a non-Blacktron hangar/ion cannon which also includes IHOP
gun turrets ( http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=105939
)--armored emplacements modeled after the tops of the coffee things at
International House of Pancakes.  The whole idea for the ion cannon started
when I bought ten Insectoid legs from Scott Sanburn--hey, you never know
when you'll need those things!!!--and he and his wife asked "What on earth
are you going to do with these???"  It became a challenge!

Enjoy the pics and LMKWYT!

Peter