 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1203
Re: problems with nqc under linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 00:35:08 GMT

It looks like the serial port just isn't getting the right settings
(baud, parity, etc).  I'm not sure how to go about diagnosing/fixing
it...NQC makes some rather straightforward POSIX calls to configure the
serial port.  If it is not working, then it generally comes down to a
kernel/driver issue.

Do you have some sort of terminal program available on both computers?
If so, first start with 9600 baud, 8 data, 1 stop, no parity.  Make sure
you can send data back and forth.  Then switch to 2400 baud and try
again.  Then turn on odd parity.

Dave

In article <3B7CF025.BA58150B@hs-harz.de>, Michael Wisse
<mwisse@hs-harz.de> wrote:

Hallo Dave!

Thanks for your respond.
I've done your suggestion. I connected two linux computers with a
nullmodem cable.
On the other computer nqc is working correctly, but it has installed an
older version of nqc 2.0.2 (on my notebook runs nqc 2.2., I hope, this
is no problem).

This is the output from my notebook (where nqc does not work correctly).
Here I started nqc fist on the notebook, then on the other computer:

spock:/var/log # nqc -v -raw 10
Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Rx: 78 0f 78 ff fc 00 00 00 f8 f8 78 00 c0 00 f8 f8 f8 78 0f 78 ff fc 00
00 00 f8 f8 78 00 c0 00 f8 f8 f8
Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Rx:
Problem talking to IR device

Here I started nqc fist on the other computer, then on my notebook:

spock:/var/log # nqc -v -raw 10
Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Rx: 78 0f 78 ff fc 00 00 00 f8 f8 78 00 c0 00 f8 f8 f8
Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Rx:
Problem talking to IR device

The other computer mostly did not receive anything from the notebook.
Sometimes on the first left rx field appeared a 72, nothing else.

I compared the setserial output for ttyS0 on both computers. Setserial
on the notebook  pcmcia card recognized a UART 16950/954, setserial on
the other computer a 16550A. This was the only difference.

Regards.

Michael

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com