 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1201
Re: problems with nqc under linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:07:29 GMT

Looks like the data is getting garbled.

One guess would be that the port (under Linux) isn't handling odd parity
with 8 data bits correctly.  Is there any way you could connect this to
another computer using a null modem?  Preferably, use another machine/OS
that can reliably communicate with the RCX.  Let's say machine A is your
current one, and B is the second one...

1) type 'nqc -v -raw 10' on B, but don't press <return>
2) type 'nqc -v -raw 10' <return> on A
3) press <return> on B

(the idea is to have B's nqc command run right after A's starts
running).  Do the same test but with starting B just before A.  e-mail
me the log (or post them here) and I'll try to figure out what is wrong.

Dave Baum

Make sure to

In article <3B7A7177.503CF1A5@hs-harz.de>, Michael Wisse