 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 4012
RE: brickos 090 problem no program download with CONF_LNP_FAST
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:36:52 GMT

Somewhere in the bowels of the header files within the RCX SDK is a list of
"IODEVICE control commands" which does include description of messages
required to change baud rate on the USB tower. I am assuming you're not
using the LEGO Windows DLL which has an easier interface to use.

It's quite a while since I "played" with this code. But I did have 4800
working fine with USB tower as long as you had the complimentary version of
the RCX. Once I started using AC adaptor RCX version almost exclusively, I
pretty much stopped using it.

The other thing you'll find if you using "fast" download mode and avoiding
the "double byte" transmission is that messages with a significant inbalance
of ones or zeroes won't work so well. There's not enough transitions bit
transitions for the serial port hardware to recover / sync to a proper
clock. I "solved" that particular problem by dynamically adjusting the size
of the download packet if it looked like the bits were "unbalanced". The
header bytes (0x55, 0xFF and 0x00) were enough to periodically allow the
clock syncing.