 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3211
Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 03:55:47 GMT

On 3/28/03 12:19 PM, in article HCH1K3.9uC@lugnet.com, "Matt Van Wormer"
<mattjvw@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

Also Michael has been tackling the issue of USB communication
(I can add more about this if requested).

Yeah, that's where I'm stuck now... let me know anything you guys have done
so far

Well, I've had a pretty successful couple of days...

If you go to http://www.zapptek.com/Downloads/OSXBrickOSTools.tgz you will
find a tar ball that contains all of the Brick OS utilities compiled for OS
X. I've tested them and have successfully downloaded BrickOS and a couple of
their test programs.

At the same time I'm questioning my compiler build since I can't get C++ to
work and the test programs seem to be a little flaky (or that may be the
test programs...).

Anyway, give them a try and see if they work for you. Matt, if you have a
good compiler build I'd be willing to create an installer package and host
it on my website if you don't have the resources.

Thanks,

Michael