 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2920
Re: h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:35:25 GMT

I don't think the problem is WinXP specific:  I had the same issue on Win2k.
I ended up using the prebuilt gcc/binutils from hitachi for that reason.

However, the prebuilt set is quite a bit older.  I hope this issue can be
worked out so we can begin using the latest and greatest.  8-)

// Joe

"Brian Stormont" <brian@stormyprods.com> wrote in message
Hello,

    Are there any know problems getting the h8 cross compiler working • under
Windows XP?  I'm using the latest cygwin environment, along with gcc3.2,
newlib1.10, and have tried both the binutils source distributed with • cygwin
(2002070601?) and I have also tried the latest gnu binutils source (2.13).
I don't get any errors when building the h8 cross compiler binutil tools,
gcc, and newlib. However, when I try to build a BrickOS image, the linking
phase (i.e. h8300-hms-ld) always causes a segmentation fault.

    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian