 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2919

Subject:
h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:21:32 GMT

Hello,

    Are there any know problems getting the h8 cross compiler working under
Windows XP?  I'm using the latest cygwin environment, along with gcc3.2,
newlib1.10, and have tried both the binutils source distributed with cygwin
(2002070601?) and I have also tried the latest gnu binutils source (2.13).
I don't get any errors when building the h8 cross compiler binutil tools,
gcc, and newlib. However, when I try to build a BrickOS image, the linking
phase (i.e. h8300-hms-ld) always causes a segmentation fault.

    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP
I don't think the problem is WinXP specific:  I had the same issue on Win2k.
I ended up using the prebuilt gcc/binutils from hitachi for that reason.

However, the prebuilt set is quite a bit older.  I hope this issue can be
worked out so we can begin using the latest and greatest.  8-)

// Joe