 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1204
1203  |  1205
Subject:
dll 0.2.3 fails on SGI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:05:37 GMT

Hello all,

My first time on this list...

I've been trying to get LegOS running in my recently aquired RCX 1.0.

I created an egcs cross-compiler for Solaris.  I used this to compile
the kernel.  The IR tower is connected to an SGI (an O^2 running
IRIX 6.5, with the actual programs compiled on an O^2 running IRIX 6.3
and native SGI cc [Yes, I know that makes four different computers with
four different OSs, it's a wierd setup here :-]).  With a small amount
of playing (mainly increasing timeout values) I got firmdl3 to work and
downloaded the kernel (which seems happy).

Getting dll to compile was considerably more work, though the only thing
I think I could have broken is replacing O_ASYNC with FASYNC in the
fcntl call of loader.c.

When I run it (on say the helloworld demo): the IR tower lights up, the
"little man" switches between walking/standing/walking and the IR symbol
on the lcd flashes briefly.  But the program never makes it past the
deleting program stage (it tries five times, but ack is always 0).

I'm happy enough programming in C, but have no experience with sockets,
serial comms, etc.  I guess in worst case, I could try ripping all the
comms code out of firmdl3 and forcing it into dll...but they don't
look that similar so it may be some work.

Any suggestions (either emailed or to the group) would be appreciated...

Thanks,
        Craig.

--
This is not an official communication of Xerox.