 Robotics / RCX / 2980
2979  |  2981
Subject:
How to get RCX software and the IR tower to work on modern systems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2022 02:40:59 GMT

And yes, it uses virtual devices.

A friend sent me a link to this page-

<https://www.bartneck.de/2017/06/08/using-your-lego-mindstorms-rcx-on-a-modern-computer/?fbclid=IwAR0LuYuY3kZjmJYQy5mP7A1VPbQsuUhOX2J6__ZU9l62xe5QY8EU-FA9e10>

The page gives a walkthru to set up a virtual device, install XP in that virtual
device and then spool up the RCX software and the IR tower

I tried it a few times now and it works.

I now don't have to worry if my old WinXP laptop dies.

I made a vid shoeing the walkthru-

<https://youtu.be/RgiFoJfq6iM>

Take care,

Dave K