 Robotics / RCX / 2228
  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Hello Mark, Thanks for your answer, this will keep me from dismantling once again my RCXs ! So it seems that LEGO modified RCX2.0 to get better compatibility with Spybots/Manas. Now a question remains, why did they increased carrier frequency (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Mine have been apart more often than I'd like, too! :-) (...) My guess would be mostly for increased communication speed. With the higher baud rate, the duration of the 2-byte Spybot/Manas packets is halved. This allows for fewer collisions (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)