 Robotics / RCX / *5004 (-5)
Re: ir communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:40:58 GMT

Johan de Wit wrote:

Yes there is. It is LNP it is availiable for windows or linux. I am
just fiddling with the windows version see:
http://www.geocities.com/winlnp/

Thanks, now i have found that stuff for Linux too. Works great!

Chris
--
Chris Benndorf
chrisb@ganzfix.de

Re: transfer data failed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:18:41 GMT

yes I did ... :-(

manuel
thanks for the tips, but nothing helps. I tried 0.2.5, I tried the far
and near mode, I changed the lighting conditions -> nothing helped. But I
don't think that I fired up my Brick/Tower because the original Lego
Software under Windows works, even the RcxCC with nqc works ok.

But I will continue trying ...

Did you try using the slow mode option ("-s" for firmdl3) as was
suggested?

Subject:
not strictly legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 01:53:42 GMT

hi all, im doing a research project over here and in the process i have set
up lnpd and now have continous
communication between my robot and the PC. Now then here is the deal, there
is a teoretical posibility that i will
get more inputs from my sensors than i manage to send out with lnpd. The
sensor inputs are stored in a ring buffer
and i have constructed various functions to deal with buffer overflow and
possible loss of connection, and a few other
unpredictable "happenings". so what i was wondering, does anyone here have
experience with this sort of programming
(remote controlling in an unstable enviroment) and if so, do you have any
books you recomend ?
i have a nice collection of information on this already, but id really like
to hear what you guys have to say

regards
kenneth johansen
kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no

Re: WINLNP QUESTIONS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:44:12 GMT

I did some more digging. When I look into the reg I do not find the reg keys
as mentioned on the http://www.geocities.com/winlnp/ page. I dig in the code
and set the com port by hand (directly to com1) and now I have the green
ligth on the IR tower.

However still no messages to the rcx

And idea's ....  anyone?

Johan de Wit

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Johan de Wit writes:
Dear all,

I have some troubles setting up WinLNP. I am new to RCX (2 months) and legOS
(1 month) and have not much experience with VC6. I want to set up a line of
communication between PC and RCX.

I downloaded everything from http://www.geocities.com/winlnp/ and I managed
to get the source compiled without errors. Now I have a file winLNP.exe and
an example application in VB. I did apply the example provided on the page
mentioned above in the RCX. What should happen? I start winLNP and it starts
without erros. I see it in the taskmanager. But whatever I try with the VB
application RCX does not respond. I also do not see the IR tower become
awake. Furthermore I do not get the registry keys (mentioned on the above
page) in my reg. So i am unable to check com port seting etc.

Any hints?

I use W2000 on a P4 1/7Ghz machine.

I did get LNP working however with the sources of petrovic at
(www.idi.ntnu.no/~petrovic/ir/) many thanks, but i would like to use the
"real thing"

Johan de Wit

Subject:
(MS)2 Expander Web Site Updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 18:59:29 GMT

I've updated my website with some changes to the building instructions
for the (MS)2 Expander that might make it easier to build.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_ms2.html

Dean
--
Dean Husby