 Robotics / NXT / 1166 (-20)
  Re: How is this?

(...) Yes, change the "wait for 9" to be a "check for 9", and the problem should go away... Loop forever if Touched and distance < 9 { turn on motor } else { turn off motor } Kevin (14 years ago, 19-Aug-10, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Newbie "Is it possible" question

(...) Chris, Sure it is, as long as the NXT cables are long enough to place the sensors where you want on the track. As you already figured out, the tricky bits are in the software. Here is pseudocode for what I would do were I to program it in G (...) (14 years ago, 19-Aug-10, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Newbie "Is it possible" question

I am hoping to build a race timer mechanism using my NXT and 4 touch sensors. Essentially I need it to be similar to a pinewood derby timer. I am holding a LEGO car race for our homeschool group, and would love to be able to do all of the timing (...) (14 years ago, 18-Aug-10, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT-606 VIDEO-Sample Based Drum Machine to download.

Take a look to video: (URL) Read more about download: (URL) NXT-606: -Monophonic sample based drum machine -24 percussion and Fx sounds -Sampling rate: 8Khz -memory: 96 measures -control: 2 rotation sensor +NXT buttons -hacked loud speaker to mono (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jun-10, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Rechargeable NXT battery DOA?

(...) How long did you leave it plugged in? Sometimes they take a while before even the charging LEDs turn on. -- David Schilling (14 years ago, 31-Mar-10, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Rechargeable NXT battery DOA?

I ordered the rechargeable battery earlier this week and it arrived yesterday. It appears to be DOA as it does nothing when plugged in amd reads 0v with a multimeter. I am using a 9v regulator from a 9v train set which I have been told will work (...) (14 years ago, 27-Mar-10, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: How is this?

(...) I can see how this can happen and it depends on the sequence of events. This sequence will cause this behavior: touched AND distance < 9 - Motor turns on touched AND distance > 9 - Motor running, waiting for distance < 9 untouched AND distance (...) (14 years ago, 23-Jan-10, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  How is this?

One of my students built the chainsaw model from nxtprograms.com. He wanted to make the blade turn only when it was at a distance less than 9 inches from the table. So he attached an ultrasonic and made one mod to the program. The program in NXT-G (...) (14 years ago, 23-Jan-10, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  PC - NXT communication with C language

Hi everybody: I would like to communicate a NXT with a PC through Bluetooth. The NXT program would be NXC, so there is no problem there since NXC provides a set of functions for BT communication. However, I need the PC program to be written in C. Is (...) (14 years ago, 19-Jan-10, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Color Sensors Showdown

(...) Thank you for another great review/test. I've been wondering for some time if it would make sense to order the HiTechnic Colour Sensor since I already have the LEGO Colour Sensor. Now I know. Jetro (15 years ago, 14-Nov-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Color Sensors Showdown

(URL) A comparison between LEGO NXT 2.0 color sensor and HiTechnic color sensor V2. Read it (URL) here> Enjoy! Philo (15 years ago, 14-Nov-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) Hey all, Just a moment to brag a little. I just learned that my Flexpicker robot was featured on the MAKE magazine blog ((URL) and the Singularity Hub blog ((URL) Singularity Hub blog has some very interesting comments about DIY robotics that (...) (15 years ago, 16-Sep-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT utilities for Mac OS X

(...) Since the nxtasy forums require that you be a member before you can download any attachments I have also uploaded the NeXT Tools Mac OS X application to my BricxCC website. There is a link to the utilities page in the NXT News section near the (...) (15 years ago, 2-Sep-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT utilities for Mac OS X

(...) Cross posting to lugnet.robotics in case this announcement got missed in the nxt subgroup. If you use a Mac and have an NXT you might be interested in trying out the Mac versions of most of the tool windows from BricxCC. (URL) Hansen (15 years ago, 31-Aug-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT utilities for Mac OS X

(...) I uploaded a new nxttools.zip late last night which now enables the tools to run on Tiger as well as Leopard. See my post from last night in the thread above. John Hansen (15 years ago, 28-Aug-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT utilities for Mac OS X

I've posted a zip containing some very early versions of my NXT utilities (tool windows from BricxCC) for Mac OS X. Currently they appear to require Leopard to run and they also require the LEGO FANTOM drivers for Mac OS X. (URL) are GUI issues that (...) (15 years ago, 27-Aug-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT and Windows 7

(...) It's 32-bit Win7. (15 years ago, 28-Jul-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: NXT and Windows 7

(...) Is this the 64 bit driver issue coming up - again? Ralph (15 years ago, 27-Jul-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  NXT and Windows 7

I have Windows 7 RC on my netbook and I can't get the NXT software (version 1.1) to install. It hangs when the installer presents its progress bars and starts copying files off the CD. Does the 2.0 software work with Windows 7? By the way, RIS 2.0 (...) (15 years ago, 27-Jul-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: refurbishing dead NXT's

(...) I will try this! Thanks. (15 years ago, 26-Jul-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact