 Robotics / Micro Scout / *68 (-10)
Subject:
VLL macro blocks for RIS 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 00:27:44 GMT

http://ridge.spiritone.com/~nabil/lego/ris2-vll-blocks.lsc is a RIS 2.0
save file (you'll need to right-click and save it) that is a set of macro
blocks to do VLL.

After you open it, drag the big stack on the right into your My Blocks
bin.

It's hard-coded for port B, but is easily changed.  I've been using it
with a lego lamp and the little reflector, seems to work as expected.

Re: WinVLL released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:43:10 GMT

I received French version Winvll.ini from Marc Klein.
I thank all your contribution.
I append it to the archive.

There are English, German, Italian, Dutch, Danish, French and Japanese
version in this archive.

Is there who can write Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Korean, etc.?
It will become useless,if anyone else writes simultaneously, please send me
mail previously, if you have schedule to translate them.

http://www.research.co.jp/MindStorms/winvll/index-e.html

Re: WinVLL released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:30:13 GMT

I received Danish version Winvll.ini from Thomas Christiansent.
Thank you, Thomas.
I append it to the archive.
We get the mother tongue of the LEGO :)

There are English, German, Italian, Dutch, Danish and Japanese version in this
archive.

http://www.research.co.jp/MindStorms/winvll/index-e.html

Re: WinVLL released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:16:22 GMT

I received the Dutch (Nederlands) version Winvll.ini from Michiel Helsloot.
Thank you, Michiel.
I append it to the archive.

Now there are English, German, Italian, Dutch and Japanese version.

And I added new ini entry [ERROR] for "Cannot open USB Tower"
The sample template file is in English folder in the archive.
Rainer Balzerowski tells me this idea.
Thank you.

http://www.research.co.jp/MindStorms/winvll/index-e.html

Re: WinVLL released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:29:08 GMT

I received the Italian version Winvll.ini from Stefano Maffulli.
Thank you, Stefano.
I append it to the archive.

And I wrote how to make VLL Probe page today.
You can use the Winvll without USB Tower (RIS2.0).
Please visit again my page.

Now there are English, German, Italian and Japanese version.
I am looking forward to receive other languages ini files.

Thank you.

http://www.research.co.jp/MindStorms/winvll/index-e.html

Re: WinVLL released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 03:29:26 GMT

Rainer Balzerowski sends me German version ini file.
I am very happy.
I append it to the archive.
I am looking forward to receive other languages ini files.
Thank you.
http://www.research.co.jp/MindStorms/winvll/index-e.html

Re: WinVLL released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:49:54 GMT

Hi, all:
Do you enjoy my WinVLL ?
Now I need your help.
I try the WinVLL to the multilingual program.
But I have Japanese Ed. Windows only.

Would you help me to destribute non-English nor Japanese Ed. Winvll.ini file.

Please visit for datailes:
http://www.research.co.jp/MindStorms/winvll/index-e.html.

Thank you.

-- mac

Re: WinVLL released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 01:33:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dean Husby writes:
VERY nice! This is what LEGO should have supplied with the MICRO-Scouts!

Thanks. I think so.

We do not as yet have the 2.0's, can you explain what the tower can do and what
it's like?

There are the same points between USB IR Tower and COM IR TOWER,
but there are also different points.

USB IR Tower can transmit VLL.
USB IR TOWER does not echo back the transmitting contents like COM IR TOWER.
For this reason, Dr.Kamigaki added reconstruction, in order to operate NQC.

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/nqc/?n=1052&t=i&v=a
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=15742&t=i&v=a

Although I want to make Linux driver,
but the progress situation of the work is not good.
http://www.research.co.jp/MindStorms/legotower/
hmm, it was written in Japanese. Do you try to ugly machine translator :)
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/body?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.research.co.jp%2FMindStorms%2Flegotower%2F&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

Re: WinVLL released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 18:02:46 GMT

Shigeru Makino wrote:

Hi, all !

I wrote a simple free software named WinVLL for Windows95/98/Me/2000.
This program tool for the LEGO MicroSCOUT (included DDK or DSDK) to control
or programming.

The USB LEGO infrared tower and optical fiber (included RIS2.0) are
required, when you use it.
This program is what I made and is not related to LEGO at all. Mr. Nanashino
contributed the driver of VLL.
Specification of this program is simplified as the child could also operate
it alone.

It was released May 2, 2001 but it was only for Japanese.
Now, I release English version of this program for RIS 2.0 on sale !
Please visit my page and use it.
http://www.research.co.jp/MindStorms/winvll/index-e.html

Enjoy !

-- mac

VERY nice! This is what LEGO should have supplied with the MICRO-Scouts!

We do not as yet have the 2.0's, can you explain what the tower can do and what
it's like?

Thanks

Dean

Subject:
WinVLL released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:36:44 GMT

Hi, all !

I wrote a simple free software named WinVLL for Windows95/98/Me/2000.
This program tool for the LEGO MicroSCOUT (included DDK or DSDK) to control
or programming.

The USB LEGO infrared tower and optical fiber (included RIS2.0) are
required, when you use it.
This program is what I made and is not related to LEGO at all. Mr. Nanashino
contributed the driver of VLL.
Specification of this program is simplified as the child could also operate
it alone.

It was released May 2, 2001 but it was only for Japanese.
Now, I release English version of this program for RIS 2.0 on sale !
Please visit my page and use it.
http://www.research.co.jp/MindStorms/winvll/index-e.html

Enjoy !

-- mac