 Robotics / Events / 108
Re: Dreaming of a European Legofest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:51:59 GMT

Manfred Moolhuysen <mmoolhuysen@ingenieursbureau.amsterdam.nl> wrote:
In lugnet.loc.it, Mario Ferrari writes:
The great experience of meeting in person other Lego enthusiasts at the
MindFest and at some Italian Legofests, makes me dream of a European
Legofest.
[snip]
Am I alone in this dream or is there anybody who shares it?

I'm certainly interested in visiting sutch an event, taking my train stuff • with
me. There hase been talk about setting a record on one of the Legofests. I
quote:

We could even hold the 2000 foot LEGO track record from Geniuses Book of
Records, certainly all the LTC's could muster the track. This could be • the
highlight of the convention. It would pull in all kinds of sponsors and • media.

Maybe this is an interesting event for a European Legofest also. I would • like
to break it. There should be more track here in Europe than over there in • the
US.

I would surely bring my 200 tracks :-)

Most of the Italian members of ItLUG are into Mindstorms and robotics, but
we do have some Trains fans too, including myself and my brother Giulio.

Mario

Web page: http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari
LUGNET member page:  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=22
Proud member of ItLUG: http://www.itlug.org