 Robotics / 9895
9894  |  9896
Subject:
Robotic Vision (was: Video image analisys)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:12:13 GMT

At 16:34 07-01-2000 GMT, David Leeper wrote:
Hi Marco,

Hi :)

I haven't done any vision processing yet, but plan to get into it sometime
this summer.

Well, when you do, please keep us posted of your findings.
I'll try and do the same, time permiting.

In the meantime, I've been casually scanning the web for related sites.
Here's one you may find useful:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/cil/ftp/html/vision.html

This is a great site about the subject.
I even found a image processing entry from a Portuguese University :)

I'm going to analise it more carefully, but for now, the real-time video
analisys examples I've seen are all comercial apps or demos.

I'm thinking of giving MS "vision" SDK a try...
(don't remember the proper name of the SDK)

If someone knows of other resources for source-code examples of computer
vision (real-time video analisys, video frame grabbing, etc), please let us
know.

David Leeper (hopes this helps)

Yes, thxs ! :)

In lugnet.robotics, "Marco C." <marco@soporcel.pt> writes:
Has anyone done a PC-side program to do some video analisys, resulting in
op-code sending to RCX/CyberMaster action control ?

I want to do a "target" follower PC program, sending op-codes to my pBrick
(CyberMaster) to control the X and Y rotation of a video camera.

I'm still waiting for an European version of XCam, so I'll do the first
tests with a camcorder connected to my ATI All-in-Wonder PRO video-in.

*First* I'll have to deal with the video frame grabbing, and frame
analisys, so the program can detect the moving of a specified target, and
instruct the pBrick acordingly to rotate the video-cam so that the target
stays within the center of the image.

er... has anyone done such a thing ?

Are there any source-code examples or how-to's ?

thxs :)

Marco C. aka McViper