 Robotics / 27577
Re: PnP, an NXT-based "industrial" robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:43:06 GMT

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 09:23, Brian Davis <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote:

[...] Well, speaking of computer angst, I only realized after the fact that PnP can
literally push it's own off button, turning the NXT brick off on it's own. Maybe
these creations are getting a bit to powerful...

Nah. Pressing the OFF button is OK.  It's when it starts pressing the
ON button that
you have to worry. That's why one of my personal rules is "the
deadlier the robot,
the shorter the extension cord."

BTW, not only is the 'bot nice, simple and clean, but so is the video
presentation.
Too many of us build nice stuff, but then fail completely in
presenting it. I wonder
how many time the wheel was invented and lost, because nobody but the inventor
knew about it? (This is back in the days when acing a course in mechanical
engineering at MIT was a lot easier.)

--j