 Robotics / 27438
RE: GBC display in Fana'Briques, June 28-29 - call for participants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 01:59:22 GMT

Jean-Marc,
Unfortunately, I won't be making it this year.  It's great to see GBC still
making waves in France!  I plan on an update to the website soon.  If there
are some links on it that people want me to add, just drop me an email at
webmaster@greatballcontraption.com.

David Hurley
Greatballcontraption.com webmaster

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf Of
Jean-Marc Nimal
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:09 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: GBC display in Fana'Briques, June 28-29 - call for participants

Hello GBC enthousiasts and others,

During the Fana'Briques event in Rosheim (France), we'll try to get use of
the
extra space we have for the GBC to make it as big as we can!

Our ambitious aim is to reach 100 of modules,last year we had 29 but there
were
a lot of known GBCers missing (Denmark, Germany, Italy, Netherlands,...), so
it's not that far-fetched.

I'm relying on people all over Europe, nay, the world, to come and
participate!
GBC apart, the Fana'Briques event is set in one of the most lovely regions
of
France, which double as very central for Europe... And it's as good a place
as
any other to start a lovely holiday. Sun, wine... who needs sea anyway?

In any case, I'm trying to assess who will be participating in the GBC, so
if
you intend to come, please let me know. Please keep in mind that
participation
must be confirmed before may 15, especially if accomodation is required.

If you need more confirmation that this event will be a lot of LEGO fun (not
only GBC), have a look <http://www.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=706
on
its page>

And if by chance you don't know what I mean by GBC, check
<http://www.teamhassenplug.org/GBC/ Steve Hassenplug's excellent pages on
the
topic>. We usually follow his standard, which is a sure way to ensure
everything
runs more smoothly than not. More or less :-)

If you have special modules (differing from the standard, flow-control,
whatever), just tell me - although we'll probably do most of the setting up
the
good old trial-and-error way. It's the summer, things don't need to be
absolutely perfect, we're all there to get fun. And wine. And home-made
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarte_flamb%C3%A9e flammekueche>. God, I can't
wait to be there...

So, who's coming?